091: Merilee Karr – Under The Doormat – Bringing Community to The Short Term Letting Industry
Merilee is the founder of Under the Doormat, a London based, short term home accommodation company rooted in the sharing economy. With a sharp focus on customer service for both owners and guests, they are different to the norm and offer the quality of a hotel in the comfort of a home
Podcast Player here
- Tell us a little about you and your background and how you started out in the Holiday Let Industry and where you’re based. Do you travel frequently yourself?
- Tell us how Under the doormat came about – What inspired you to start the company? How long has it been running?
- Let’s look at how Under the Doormat works from a guest perspective and how it’s different booking with Under the Doormat to using one of the ‘ordinary’ booking sites
- Tell us how Under the Doormat works from the owners perspective – benefits, ease of use, cost, how easy to set up? We’ll also talk about the Benefits of working with Under the Doormat instead of the usual booking sites here
- So you definitely work with a real sharp focus on the guest experience – do you think this is where the future of the Holiday let industry is headed?
- You’re obviously very passionate about short term lettings and you’re involved in advocacy for the Industry and have some exciting things coming up too.
- Let’s look at the Short Term Accommodation Association – a new group to promote the short-term lettings industry – how did it come about and what are its objectives?
- STAA are working on bringing the Industry together, and one way is a big event and that’s happening in March 2019 in ExCel London – The Short Stay Show. How did you get involved and what can visitors expect from the event? How do we get tickets as a visitor? Is there an opportunity for providers to sponsor?
- Do you have a guiding philosophy/principal that you think would help individual holiday home owners in today’s market?
- How would you advise someone new to the Industry to get started with marketing their property today?
- What do you think an owner of a Holiday let | Vacation Rental absolutely must be/do/have in today’s market in your opinion?
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to the HLS podcast to keep up with the latest Holiday Letting Advice? If you’re not, I want to encourage you to do that today. I don’t want you to miss an episode and I’m adding a few bonus episodes in the next few weeks and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those. Click here to subscribe in iTunes!
Whilst you’re there, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other Holiday Home Owners find my podcast. Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favorite episode of the podcast is. Thank you!
Join The HLS Learning Hub
Join our membership site today where you have access to all our Free Resources for Holiday Home Owner!